It is bright and humid.
It was the last of the first term at most of the Japanese schools and the children brought back a lot of summer holiday homework today.
It is truly a big headache for both parents and children to battle over piles of piles of homework.
Here are 11 assignments for Year 3 students.
- One line diary ('ichigyou nikki' 一行日記) ... Every day for 6 weeks
- Book report ('dokusho kansou bun' 読書感想文) ... 1200 words
- Research project (’jiyu kenkyu' 自由研究)
- Plants observation log ('kansatsu card' 観察カード)
- Picture diary ('e nikki' 絵日記)
- Workbook for literacy, math, science and social science ('natsuyasumi doriru' 夏休みドリル)
- Poster drawing ('zukou no poster' 図工のポスター)
- Recorder and melodica practice ('ongaku' 音楽)
- Short book reviews ('dokusho card' 読書カード)
- Sending summer greetings cards to the class teacher ('shochu mimai' 暑中見舞い)
- Picture diary for ecology (エコ絵日記)
The amount of each assignments is not that great but it requires the everyday's efforts, wherever, however the children are.
There is always a reminder in the school newsletter to keep up the healthy daily routine during six weeks summer holiday.
'Early to bed and early to rise, and keep up a healthy lifestyle during holidays'.
The long and busy summer holiday has started.